PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Soccer Profile Limited respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. We are aware that you may have concerns over disclosing information about yourself to us.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This policy applies equally to:
- Users of our website;
- Complainants and other individuals in relation to data protection or freedom of information complaint or enquiry;
- All Members of our website;
- andBusiness Users.
- THE DATA THAT WE COLLECTPersonal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last night, username and date of birth.
- Contact Data includes email address, postal address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, time zone setting and location, and other technology on the devices that you use to access this website.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
USERS/VISITORS – HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When a user visits our website we automatically receive and record information on our server logs. This information is collected in a way that does not identify the person and we do not attempt to find the identities of those visiting our website. We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct Interactions: you may give us your Identity and Contact Data by corresponding with us by email or filling in forms. This includes personal data that you provide when you:
- Create an account on our website;
- Subscribe to our service or publications;
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- Give us feedback or contact us.
- Third parties: we will receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
We will only collect personal information from you to the extent that it is required for the specific purpose notified to you.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This Website Will:
Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
This Website Will:
Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we may use your personal data in the following circumstances to:-
- Measure, record and report on the performance of Business Users or other business who supply or provide products and/or services to individuals who make purchases or use on the website;
- Track your location only for the purposes of the Services provided on the website;
- Facilitate services which are related to Services on our website;
- Market ourselves and our Group and Business Users or other businesses we may feature on the website (from time to time) to you, including any personalised marketing for the Services that we provide and any items that may be offered for sale on the website or otherwise, all based on various matters and variables such your stated or anticipated interests, gender or location;
- Facilitate the execution of any of the products and/or services that you have purchased through the website or from or through any sellers on the website;
- Supply you with information about us and the Services on the website and otherwise;
- Analyse the usefulness of, and to develop, our marketing strategy and campaigns (including any such matters that we may conduct on behalf of our Group); and
- Enhance your information in order to improve any personalised marketing with your interests.
If we receive personal information about you from another source, we will inform you as soon as practically thereafter.
DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
We may make your information available in the following circumstances: –
- Within our organisation and within our Group if the recipient has a job-related need to know the information and the transfer complies with any applicable cross-border transfer restrictions;
- To Business Users to facilitate the redemption of any sales vouchers with that Business User or to facilitate the receipt by you of the products and/or services you may have purchased from our website or a site operated by a Business User which has been accessed through our website. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely and in accordance with your rights, our obligations and the obligations of the third-party Business User under the law. We may also provide feedback to the Business Users and to other sellers on the website including any comments made about a Business Users performance;
- To our third-party newsletter provider, Campaign Monitor;
- To any business partners, suppliers, agents/subcontractors that we engage to assist us in respect of the any matter in relation to the website or any of the services that we provide; and
- To comply with applicable laws, respond to governmental enquiries (or enquiries from a legal, governmental or quasi-governmental or local authority agency or Internet protection agency of any type), comply with a valid legal process or procedure, a court order or governmental authority.
You may opt out of sharing personal information at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
You may also edit your membership at any time and terminate your subscription at any time by contacting us on [email protected]
We only keep your personal data for as long as necessary in order to use it as described in this policy and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
We have put in place appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorised processing/use of personal data and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
We have put in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction. We will protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all personal information provided by you. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
All personal data provided by you will not be held by us longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, personal data that is no longer required.
We may from time to time transfer (‘transfer’ includes making available remotely) personal data to countries outside of the EEA. The transfer of personal data to a country outside of the EEA shall only take place if one or more of the following applies:
- The transfer is to a country, territory, or one or more specific sectors in that country (or an international organisation), that the European Commission has determined ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data;
- The transfer is to a country (or international organisation) which provides appropriate safeguards in the form of a legally binding agreement between public authorities or bodies; binding corporate rules; standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission; compliance with an approved code of conduct approved by a supervisory authority (e.g. the Information Commissioner’s Office); certification under an approved certification mechanism (as provided for in the GDPR); contractual clauses agreed and authorised by the competent supervisory authority; or provisions inserted into administrative arrangements between public authorities or bodies authorised by the competent supervisory authority;
- The transfer is made with the Explicit Consent (requires a very clear and specific statement that is not just an action) of the relevant data subject(s) after the data subject has been informed of any potential risks;
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us (or for pre-contractual steps taken at the request of the you); or
- The transfer is necessary for the conduct of legal claims.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. For further information, please see our ‘Access to your personal data’ clause.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
THIRD PARTY SITES
We may from time to time provide and/or allow access to third party sites or advertisements through the website which may collect personally identifiable information from you and to set and access cookies on your computer. We do not allow these sites to access our cookies.
When you have signed up and are a Member of the website we will send you a monthly newsletter by email. For this we use a third party provider, Campaign Monitor, for further information in relation to their privacy and other policies, please visit www.campaignmonitor.com
You can opt-out or unsubscribe to the Newsletter at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
EMAILS & POSTS
We may from time to time email you for the following purposes:-
- As part of the services offered by us i.e. we send (or may send) emails to you in the following circumstances:
- After registration as a Member, notifying you of your account set up and details;
- Reminder emails about the services we offer (in particular when you have not accessed or used the Membership facility in a while);
- Send you information on any vouchers, deals, events or other products and/or Services on the website
- As promotional emails for any of the items which can be purchased on the website or from Business Users;
- As a chance to provide feedback about a Business User’s service or particular products and/or services you may have purchased from other businesses; and
- To offer related services to you from our Group.
Any emails you send to us or through the website, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and monitoring compliance, in accordance with our office policies. It is your responsibility to ensure that any emails you send are within the bounds of the law.
Any posts you make must be made in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and Posting Rules.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We strive to be as open as we can be in providing our Members access to their personal information. Individuals have the right to ask for a copy of any of their personal information held by us (where such data is held) under the GDPR. No fee is payable in these circumstances. We reserve the right to
charge a reasonable fee if the request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with such a request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information to help us confirm the identity of the individual making the request and ensure their right to access the personal information. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact the individual making the request for further information in relation to the request to speed up the process.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if the request is particularly complex or if a number of requests have been made. In this case, individuals will be notified and kept up to date.
A request for any personal information we may hold must be made to Soccer Profile Ltd in writing to the Company’s registered address for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
It is important that any personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. If any personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately at [email protected]
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
Any changes will be immediately posted on our website and you will be deemed to have accepted the terms of the policy on your first use of the website following the alterations.
This Policy was last updated on 15/06/18.